Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Petty!

I went through a Tom Petty phase a few years back, and last night's Superbowl performance was such a nice flashback for me. I must admit I cranked up our surround sound and danced around the living room while "American Girl" was playing. My four-year-old daughter wanted the music louder and she got up and danced, too.
One word describes Petty's performance last night--solid. The thing I love about Tom Petty is that he doesn't need any back-up. You could put Petty in a room with a guitar and he would sound just as great as he does up on stage. You don't need all the flash and glam modern performers tend to rely on. He is just good old school rock-n-roll. No worries about any wardrobe malfunctions with a guy like Petty.
Last night's track list:
American Girl
I Won't Back Down
Free Fallin'
Runnin' Down a Dream
Petty's performance last night makes me want to relive my college days and go see him in concert again. The best seats in the house for his upcoming July show at the United Center are only $100--so tempting...might even have to pack up my four-year-old and take her with me!
Soccermom? Nah, I like "Rockermom" better!
As always,
I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Debbie Rzepczynski said...

T.P. needs to lose the beard and add a top hat - then it'll be just like the old days.

I was really impressed at how well they sounded. Also, the suits were a nice, mature touch. I wonder if the NFL requires the suits?

Julie the AV Librarian said...

After Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction...maybe they do?!