Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Bandwagon Alert:" An Album to be named in my divorce papers


I stole an idea from my sister who stole it from... someone else, I'm sure. The best albums out there are albums that are actually worth fighting for when you break-up with someone or get divorced. I've got a new album to add to my list:
"The Swell Season" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. All you hipsters might recognize the names from listening to XRT, or from seeing the movie ONCE. I have not yet seen the movie, but already know that I will probably like it--the soundtrack is amazing.
I bought "The Swell Season," since the soundtrack and film have had rave reviews. I must say that I am just enamored with it. It is an album that is hauntingly good and just begs to be listened to. I imagine it is an album I would crank up and sing along with in my car after attending a funeral for a loved one. Dramatic, definately.
There is no link to this album in the library catalog just yet. I must listen to it a few more times before I bid it adieu and send it to be cataloged for you to check out. I'm sorry, but it is just that good. Look for it soon and love it like I do.
As Always,
I'll keep you posted...
Julie

No comments: