Monday, April 27, 2009

Sounds of MY Universe


I apologize to my two loyal followers. It's been over a year since my last post. What is worth writing about after a year's hiatus, you ask?
Depeche Mode's new album, Sounds of the Universe. After listening to just a few songs, I have an intense desire to see the band live. I don't know why, but Sounds of the Universe is as engaging to me as Pink Floyd's the Wall was the first time I really listened to it from beginning to end.
With that build up, I am sure you will listen to it, and not agree with me.
Hopefully I haven't just cursed DM Blair Witch style...
[And by the Blair Witch curse, I mean, the first few people to see the movie "The Blair Witch Project" gave it such wonderful reviews that by the time everyone else got around to seeing it--they didn't think it lived up to all the hype.]
Promising to keep you posted more often,
Julie in AV

1 comment:

Carol Daumer Gutjahr said...

Julie, how about having staff help with your album reviews? This site is a great idea! I'm adding your blog to Hobarts and our FB page. You need an Overdrive link, too. :)